Pages

Monday, October 26, 2015

Journal #4: My Project Plan


Site Title: Better Grammar Starts Here!

Developer: Dina Papachristou

Focus: My website will be an informational site, not a promotional one. The main purpose of the site will be to help nonnative speakers of English with grammar problems. No matter how long nonnative speakers have been living in the U.S., they usually have trouble with their grammar use. The site will provide information in an accessible way so that visitors will not feel overwhelmed as if reading a grammar book. Such information will include short, simply stated rules and lots of examples. Moreover, there will be links to grammar books and video tutorials.

Main features outline: For the time being, I think my site will have the following pages:
·         Homepage
·         About me
·         Grammar Rules
·         Practice
·         Contact

Content: The homepage will welcome visitors and explain the objectives of the site and its target audience, and it will also give instructions on how to use the site. Links to the other web pages will also be there.
            An About Me page will give information about me and my long teaching experience  with nonnative speakers of English.
A Grammar page with options for the visitor/learner to choose from: Such options may be: Verb Tenses, Sentence Structures, Articles, Verb forms, Punctuation. The options will open Power Point presentations on the most basic grammar rules.
A Practice page with exercises and links to further tutorials.
A contact page.

Target audience: The target audience of the site is ESL (English as a Second Language) or EFL (English as a Foreign Language) adult learners, especially those who decide to go after a BA or an MA and their command of the English grammar is not good enough for academic writing. Of course, learners of all ages will also find it useful.

Design considerations: I hope that I will be able to create a user friendly and consistent navigation system. That being said, I will try to offer visitors fast track ways of accessing the information they are looking for and also enable them to get back to previous pages easily.

Limiting Factors: Probably the main limitation will be my own limited knowledge of designing a website. Another limitation is that time is not enough for me to create a lot of Power Point presentations for a sufficient number of grammar rules. So, I have to choose no more than five grammatical structures to present. A good website designed to "teach" grammar would be required to have many more. 

My site map


My wireframe (a tentative one)


No comments:

Post a Comment